island house birmingham 100 years of history demolished
Island House, Birmingham: 100 years of history demolished Gallery July 27, 2014 Brumitecture Leave a comment Built by architect G.E Pepper in 1913, Grade B locally listed Island House stood proud on the corner of Fazeley Street for almost 100 years.
Island House was a locally listed building in Birmingham's Eastside area, with a roughly triangular footprint, and was built in 1912 by the architect G. E. Pepper.  Originally it was designed to be used as office building and warehouse for prominent “Messrs Churchill & Co” machine tool company.
Demolition of Birmingham's historic Island House set to begin. THE battle to save a 100-year-old landmark city centre building from demolition looks lost after claims workers are to begin pulling ...
William E.C. MacKintosh was the first occupant of the house, a 23-year old Scottish-born vet fresh from WWI, and his wife Evelyn, along with their newborn son. The MacKintoshes only remained in the home about a year. The house actually started off as 1-storey brick home.
This passage was prompted by several outraged reports and powerful letters in the Birmingham Post from Terry Grimley, its recently retired Arts Editor and Jewellery Quarter resident Matthew Bott about the proposed demolition of Island House – the latest act of civic vandalism.
ANTARCTICA. In the 1960s, the island had apparently had enough, and kicked everyone off: Erupting twice in two years, it demolished research centers and buried everything left behind in ash. Today visitors can bathe in the volcano’s natural hot springs surrounded by ruined giants of industry.
Alabama has changed greatly over the past 100 years. These 15 historical photos prove that Alabama has come a really long way since its beginning in 1819. ... This historic photo of the "Old Market House" in Mobile, Alabama was captured in 1906. ... This historic photo was captured in Birmingham, Alabama during the year 1909. It was used in an ...
History. The Birmingham News was launched on March 14, 1888, by Rufus N. Rhodes as The Evening News, a four-page paper with two reporters and $800 of operating capital.At the time, the city of Birmingham was only 17 years old, but was an already booming industrial city and a beacon of the "New South" still recovering from the aftermath of the American Civil War and Reconstruction.